Friday 13 June 2014

Notes- Lady gaga guardian interview

·    

       Notes on Lady Gaga Guardian Interview 


      -The article tells of how Lady Gaga became hugely well known in 2008 for her hits such as 'Pokerface', 'Telephone', 'Bad romance'. But she is also for her eccentricity in style such as meat dresses, Grammy performance in giant eggs. You could suggest her desire is to be in the public eye.
·      
      -In reality, Lady Gaga states 'I hid in my house.' She wanted to preserve her image outside 'superstar' as people only ever see her at her best. She would never show the public and her fans the realistic image of Stefani Germanotta (her born name).

·      
      -Gaga puts her fans before anything, and in this instance it seems she doesn't want them to see her as a normal human being. To prevent this from happening, she never walks anywhere, getting cars everywhere. 

      -She is described as a cult-leader to her "Little Monsters"whose mantra for love in her last album, is acts a Bible for them. 
  
      -She is questioned whether she feels persecuted to which she replies "Yes! I certainly feel that at this time it's almost as if people are surprised they haven't already destroyed me." 

      -"It's almost entertainment for people to poke fun at Lady gaga, but they have no idea what I put into this album. In fact, people have no idea what it really took me to get here." 

      -Her album hadn't been out for 2 weeks and already people come out and say "she's over" and because she's not number 1, "she's finished". Instead of focussing on the music, people look at the statistics of the music's success. 
  
      -Due to a severe- hip injury, Gaga couldn't complete her Born This Way tour. Yet, she claims she would have shielded her fans from the hip secret if she had been able to continue on.

     -'Applause' was written as a motivational song for her fans "I want you to wake up in the morning and say 'I live for your applause, look at me today, I'm having a good day." 

     -When she talks about her fans: "I mean everybody. I mean anyone that's watching." 

     -She describes the girl underneath the sheep skin 'the kind of dingy, underground, metal-loving girl from New York who wants to talk about equal rights and go on and on about loving yourself.' 

      -She talks about her performance at the MTV awards comparing it to Miley Cyrus's near-naked show. "For me, my performance was not about taking my clothes off. I want to be strong and beautiful and powerful and full of confidence." But "it's not a competition". 

     -She claims she tried to hide a lot of pain over the past few years, hinting perhaps domestic abuse. The article questions whether this is gaga coming out of her hiding, and revealing her real self. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment