Thursday 12 February 2015

Evaluation 3: What have you learned from audience feedback? – Conclusion

What have I learned from my audience feedback?

I have learned from my audience feedback that I have constructed an intended star image and an effective campaign.  My target audience has informed what went well, for example, the transitions between the narrative dance element and the performance element with shots of the band, as well as area’s for development. The Digi-pack, website and music video were all connected through the colour scheme, font and vintage era/ rustic era meaning it was clear to our target audience they all belonged to the promotion of the same band. If I was to make any future changes to the campaign I would edit the music video, making the transitions a lot smoother, and including far more shots of the band to reinforce the idea of a new upcoming band.
Taking note of the audience feedback I understand how the audience inform me the success of  the campaign is and indeed allowed me time to make adjustments to the campaign before it went to distribution.  Audience feedback is important market testing in post-production to see if I created the right star image and marketed this purposefully.  As Henry Jenkins informs us that we live in a ‘participatory culture’,  where fans and audiences are important in circulating meaning and the strength of media messages.

I also recognise that my audience has engaged with the meanings in my music video in different ways, bringing their own contexts to the reading of the star image – what Hall argues is reception theory.  I can understand how my audience can either reinforce or challenge intended meanings in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment